06 August 2010

Bi-weekly Background - 2010.08.06

Going to be busy with work and other stuff tomorrow, so I decided to post this a bit early... Here's my second free background, Real Bliss:

Taken somewhere in the Palouse when I visited Palouse Falls. I couldn't help but notice the similarity with Microsoft's iconic "Bliss" image, which I always thought was over saturated and not particularly blissful. Having seen the hill where the original image was taken, I think the Palouse is quite a bit prettier. Using this as a desktop background produces some interesting double-takes, particularly when people know your computer is running Linux or Mac OS. This was actually taken from a moving car, using a low shutter speed - a technique that I've found works pretty well for hard-to-access scenery.

No comments: