28 August 2008

Odd Things in Austria

No vacation is complete without some odd stories and/or photos. Our trip was no exception. Here are a couple of my favorites:


This pigeon really, really wanted to go to Vienna from Salzburg. It took five of us to get rid of it, which partially answers the question of "How many Austrian train employees does it take to eliminate a pigeon?"


The (apparently) world-famous Opera Toilet in Vienna's Karlsplatz station. It cost 0.60 euros to enter, and it played very loud opera music the whole time. The mens room had a piano in it for reasons which I have not yet been able to fathom.


We saw these girls near the Parliament building in Vienna, and I later saw more of them near Wien Sudbanhof while on my way to the airport. They appeared to be handing out flyers to people either walking or driving by. What are they advertising? I haven't the slightest clue. I suspect that they may be ghost busters. Or vacuum cleaner repairwomen. Anyone with a more rational explanation please step forward.

No comments: