23 October 2008

Long time, no blog

Wow, it's been nearly a month since I touched this thing. I'm not entirely sure where that month went, but here's a few things that I've been up to recently...

  • My brother gave me a fancy new game for my birthday (back in early October...) called The Spirit Engine II. It's absolutely fantastic. The gameplay is a bit simplistic, but the story is phenomenal and reminds me why I tend to prefer indie games to most of the big names. I'm in only the fourth chapter, but I already can't wait to figure out what the heck is going on.

  • The news with the economy sucks primarily because that's all I hear on the radio when I'm going to NC. Thankfully, I'm equipped with my mostly-obsolete iPod.

  • The only thing that's keeping me sane with all the election news is the political satire at Sinfest, one of my favorite webcomics that is nowhere near as racy as the title implies. The sunday comics are particularly well done, such as this and this. There are plenty of other good comics in the archive, too.

  • I appear to be on a fantasy novel kick. Forthcoming reviews will include The Lies of Locke Lamora and Red Seas under Red Skies, both by Scott Lynch, and Mistborn: The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson. I also read The Sunrise Lands by S.M. Stirling, but it may not have been exciting enough to warrent a blog post.
I'll try to be more on top of this whole 'blog' thing in the future. Look for more posts forthcoming.

No comments: